IV therapy, short for intravenous therapy, is a medical treatment that involves delivering fluids, medications, nutrients, or other substances directly into a person’s veins through a needle or catheter. This method allows for a quick and efficient delivery of importance that the body needs. It can be administered using safe and effective tools and procedures commonly used in hospitals. Family Medical Clinic of Chubbuck offers personalized IV therapy options to help you feel more energized and prepared to take on any challenge.
IV therapy can be administered in the comfort of our clinic. The specific type of IV therapy used will depend on the individual’s desires, needs, and medical condition.
Some IV therapies include:
- Hydration: IV fluids can quickly rehydrate the body improving and optimizing function.
- Nutrition: IV therapy can be used to provide vital nutrients, such as amino acids, vitamins, and minerals.
- Medication Administration: IV therapy is commonly used to administer medications allowing for rapid and efficient delivery into the body.
- Electrolyte Imbalances: IV therapy can help restore normal levels of electrolytes in the body, which are essential for proper bodily function.
- Illness and Immune Boosting: IV therapy can also help you recover from illness or boost your immune system.
The specific type of IV therapy used will depend on the individual’s needs and medical condition. However, IV therapy is administered right in the clinic under the supervision of our friendly team of medical professionals.
How long does it take to receive IV therapy?
The amount of time it takes to receive IV therapy can vary depending on the type of treatment and the individual’s specific needs. Often, IV fluid administration may take as little as 30 minutes to an hour.
It is essential to discuss the specific details of your IV therapy treatment plan with our team, including the expectations of treatment, potential side effects, and any necessary precautions or follow-up care.